Sunday 3 August 2014

Storyboards and reconstruction task


For my research and planning I had to recreate an existing film trailer, My group decided on twilight this fits in with the chosen genre but also had a variety of shots types I wanted to explore. The storyboard below shows the first 30 seconds of the trailer. 




These are my storyboards which I created on-line at https://www.storyboardthat.com/storyboard-creator  this allowed me to get a basic understanding of the filming process. By using a storyboard it allows me to follow it like a plan to ensure when filming the shots, location, costume and camera movements are as accurate as possible.The whole of this trailer recreation was shot outside of our college mainly in the car park area. The people I used as actors were myself and Katie while Samantha and Paige helped to film it. These storyboards are a step by step guide and will even help during the editing process of the 30 second trailer. 




As a group we decided to recreate the first 30 seconds the twilight trailer, this is a very popular film franchise therefore will appeal to a wider audience.  

By doing this I learned a lot of things from my mistakes, there are clearly many faults within this re-creation, as by fault of our own we lost the first reconstruction and footage therefore we were put under pressure to re-do in a short amount of time.

Criticisms:
- the footage is sometimes shakey
- not a lot of shot types
- fuzzy footage
- not long enough

1 comment:

  1. I think you maybe need an introductory paragraph at the beginning of this post to say what the task is and what you are doing - If an external moderator reads this it might be a little confusing/ vague.

    ReplyDelete