Wednesday 13 August 2014

Insprational Movie trailers


The grudge: This film trailer inspires me due to its many aspects that build up tension and anticipation. This movie was a huge success with its audience therefore implying that the trailer must have accounted for its success partly. This trailer doesn't have a lot of footage by doing this it allows the audience to wonder what is going to happen in the trailer. They use sentences in between cuts such as 'When someone dies in the grip of powerful rage' this straight away shows this is a horror film as it includes death.

The beginning of the trailer includes a small sighting of the figure before it introduces its conglomerate that created the film, this grabbed my attention straight away as it gives the audience a insight to what the film is about without giving everything away. This also relates to the actual film. This trailer uses incidental music throughout which creates a build up of tension and almost creates that 'jumpy' feeling you get in the cinemas from a scary horror film.

I love the idea of the fast cuts in this trailer because it immediately made me frightened which is what I want my viewers to feel. Furthermore the fast cuts quicken the pace of the trailer which will help to pull in my target audience of teenagers as they want everything to be quick and fast paced reflecting their lifestyle.

The voiceover in this clip helps to set the scene and tell the story that is going to be portrayed on screen. In my trailer I would also like to use a voice over because it focuses on the events clearly and helps to create mystery.

I want to take aspects from this trailer and use them in mine to reflect the same fear and reaction this trailer got.

1 comment:

  1. Can you be more specific about the aspects of this trailer that you want to use in you own and why you want to use them particularly.

    ReplyDelete