Tuesday 26 August 2014

Soundtrack Ideas for my Film Trailer

Audio Ideas for My main task

I may include sound effects which will add to the horror effect of my trailer this is used on many professional horror trailers in order to scare the audience.

Man Heavy Breathing

Woman screaming

Horror Piano theme

These sound effects will all emphasize the Horror theme and are typical conventions I will include.

I have considered using contrapuntal music for my movie trailer. This means I may use a happy/jovial music to juxtapose the horror genre and create a bigger emphasize on the scene. This was used in insidious they played tip toe through the tulips which made a cheerful song scary. Another example is Mr sandman in Halloween 2.








Non-copyright music


Clearing music usually involves talking to two sets of people:
Publishers – these people own the rights to the words and music in written form. So if you wanted to strum your own version of a Madonna song, for example, you would need to get permission from these people.
Record Company – they own the rights to the actual performance and recording itself. So if you want to use a clip from an actualRazorlight song (rather than singing your own version), for example, you would need to have permission from both the publishers and the record company.

If i decide to use copyrighted music I would have to write a letter to the company to ask for permission to use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment