Wednesday 13 August 2014

Inspirational movie trailer No.2


The strangers: I was inspired by this movie trailer immediately because I love how it begins with the sense of a romance film and keeps the audience guessing the whole way through. The trailer doesn't appear to be a horror at first which helps to build anticipation and the 'shock factor'.

In the beginning of this trailer it creates an eerie setting of a cabin out in the middle of nowhere this is stereotypical to a horror film, however then it is moved away from this fact and all the focus is centred onto this couple who seem extremely happy and in love. This film trailer also states 'inspired by true events' this creates a sense of reality to the viewers which can intensify the horror further. The sound effect of the creaking swings immediately sets in a sense of foreboding. which I think helps to build up drama and suspicion.

my favourite scene in this trailer has to be where it becomes silent and in walks a 'stranger' in a mask and the young girl is unaware, then the sound returns and its a bang which straight away made me jump. now where no the people in the house are threats. I also like the use of writing on the windows which shows their is more than one of these 'strangers'

the best thing in this trailer is its use of sound. It uses the skipping record at the end to move the creatures, the use of the happy music and the unhappy setting creates a juxtaposition emphasizing the fear in this situation. I would love to apply some of these effects to my trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment