Sunday 3 August 2014

Movie poster inspiration

Mood board of Horror film posters

I have created a mood board on pinterest including some inspirational existing film posters. I did this in order to get an idea of what a typical horror movie poster looks like this. By looking at these I see many of the posters Include red as their primary colour across their poster, this is done in order to put across connotations of blood and death. Furthermore I also noticed that the main image on the poster is usually of the main character/antagonist of the film this is used as the main selling point of the film. I think this is done to create anticipation for the film and it also helps to focus on the horror element. I may think of doing these things when creating my film poster. I am inspired by these particular film posters because they were all huge successes meaning that the poster will have helped to create some of that success. I will take into consideration the elements used in these posters and may take some onto my own in order for my final product to become a successful one. 






No comments:

Post a Comment