Monday 1 September 2014

flat plans




This is my flat plan for my movie poster, I have created this as a template for my final product. I have been inspired by other horror movie posters which are designed very simply but have a huge impact. My main image will be the background and the base for my whole design this will be foregrounded so it is the first thing the viewers see, therefore will be compelled to see the film. The image will be directly related to the film and I will use mainly reds and blacks which connotes blood and death which is used typically in the horror genre. 
The film title will be placed in the top 3rd of my design so it will be seen first therefore the film will be established. The title will be written in a gothic font to highlight the genre and most likely in red to establish a theme. I will include the cast and director in the bottom third of my design which is stereotypically done on most film trailers, however sometimes the starring roles are featured larger and at the top of the page to gain attention to fans of their previous films. The release date will also be included in a small font to create anticipation for its release. 



This is my flat plan for my website, I have created this in order to get a layout for my final task. I have looked through a variety of different websites in order to understand the conventions and the typical design. My main image will be similar to my posters in order to establish a brand that will be instantly recognizable. 

1 comment:

  1. Can you have a go at re-wording some of this - I think the fact that you use the word "foreground" is a little confusing when talking about the background as such. Other than that - you see to have a clear idea of how your poster will look.

    ReplyDelete