Friday 5 September 2014

Costume and make-up planning

Horror Iconic costumes 


Freddy Krueger with his hideously disfigured face, red & green stripy jumper, hat and spiteful looking clawed leather glove he began to invade dreams and off the children of his killers. While it took a complete reboot to make him scary again after some pretty awful sequels you can’t really say he’s not a unique and unsettling looking character and he’s definitely very recognizable  The most disturbing thing is that even with all the raw looking burns across his face, Robert Englund is actually pretty recognisable underneath, which makes the prosthetic scarring seem a little more believable. This costume is iconic and remembered which is the impact I want to leave on my target audience. 



What stands out is the ghost-face killer of the Scream franchise, much like Michael Myers the killers who take up this identity have chosen a readily available costume as their own personal face of evil. As in the films it really is based on an existing Halloween outfit, although significantly altered to exaggerate the features on the face for copyright reasons. The cloak that accompanies the iconic mask had to be custom made at first as the real world mask on which killers from Scream wore were a standalone item at first. Although the black-cloaked figure has become a movie icon the costume was very nearly all white.


My costume planning: 

In my film trailer I will also include a memorable face this will be included in the film franchise therefore will also feature on my movie poster and website. This will leave a lasting impact on the viewers therefore will be more likely to attract people. From my knowledge I know that these films have been very successful and is part of the reason I will use these costumes to inspire a new idea for my characters.  







No comments:

Post a Comment