Friday 12 December 2014

Billing Block planning

Due to my lack of pre-existing knowledge of film poster conventions, I decided to look at existing horror movie posters in order to get an idea when creating my own product. One feature in particular is the billing blocks therefore I have looked at some in order to get an idea what they should look like and what should be written in one.  
 
 

 
Billing blocks feature at the bottom of all film posters, it is here the directors, producers and writers are credited. These blocks are featured in small print in the bottom third, this allows credit to be given without attention taken away from the main image (which is usually the main selling point). I have researched into fonts also and the font steeltongs is used predominantly to give this stacked effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment